Last Updated: [8.18.14]
What Personal Information About Customers Does C9 Collect?
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you sign up for an account, make a purchase, use our Services to participate in a webinar, request customer support or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect directly from you include:
- Contact information, such as your name, company name, address, phone number, e-mail address and any other contact information you choose to provide;
- Financial information, including billing name, billing address, financial qualification information, and information about payments made to C9 (such as dates and amounts of payments);
- Demographic information, such as information about the location of your company’s offices and key personnel;
- Login credentials for third party platforms, such as Salesforce.com, in order for us to access your sales data information and deliver the Services to you; and
- Information you choose to provide through community forums or other interactive areas of our Services.
Information We Collect Automatically
When you access and use our Services, we automatically collect certain types of information from you, including:
- Log information, such as your IP address, the type of browser you use, access times and pages you request; and
- Information collected via cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Services and your experience, see which pages and features of our Services are popular and count visits. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Services and emails to help deliver cookies, count visits and understand usage and campaign effectiveness. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see “Your Choices” below.
Information From Other Sources
We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect directly about you.
How Does C9 Use the Information It Collects?
We use the information we collect about you for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, maintain and improve our products and Services and send you related information, including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards and events offered by C9 and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services;
- Personalize and improve our Services and provide content or features that match your profile or interests;
- Process and deliver contest entries and rewards;
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
C9 is based in the United States and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using our Services or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.S. and other countries.
Will C9 Share Any of the Information it Receives?
Information about our customers is an integral part of our business. We neither rent nor sell your personal information to anyone, except as provided below. We share your personal information only as described below:
We employ other companies and people to perform tasks on our behalf and may need to share your information with them to provide products or services to you. Examples may include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, and providing customer service. We may also provide your personal information to agents who will use it to verify aggregate usage data that we provide to our partners.
Other Registered Users
In the event you participate in our community forum or other interactive areas of our Services, the information you provide will be viewable by other registered users.
In some cases, we may choose to buy or sell assets or businesses. In these types of transactions, customer information is typically one of the business assets that are transferred. Moreover, if C9, or substantially all of its assets, were acquired, customer information would be one of the assets that are transferred.
Protection of C9 and Others
We may release personal information when we believe in good faith that release is necessary to comply with that law; enforce or apply our conditions of use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of C9, our employees, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
With Your Consent
Except as set forth above, you will be notified when your personal information may be shared with third parties.
Aggregated or De-Identified Information
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Social Sharing Features
The Services may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook “Like” button), which let you share actions you take on our Services with other media, and vice versa. The use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
Analytics Services Provided by Others
Is Information About Me Secure?
C9 takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
You may update, correct or delete information about you at any time by contacting support. If you wish to deactivate your account, please contact support, but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from C9 by following the instructions in those communications or by sending an email to support. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
U.S. – EU Safe Harbor Privacy Statement
For personal information received from you that C9 receives from the European Economic Area, C9 has committed to handling such information in accordance with the EU Safe Harbor framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding collection, use, and retention of data from the European Union. C9′s Safe Harbor certification can be found at http://web.ita.doc.gov/safeharbor/shlist.nsf/webPages/safe+harbor+list. For more information about the Safe Harbor Principles, please visit the U.S. Department of Commerce’s website at http://export.gov/safeharbor/.
Questions or Concerns